Serving Size:- 4
Preparation Time : 45 mins
Cooking Time : 60 mins
|Urad dal / Black gram skin off (soaked in water for 2 hr) / Ulunthu
pinch of orange food color
|For Sugar Syrup
|juice of half lemon to prevent sugar Crystallization
- Soak white Urad dal in water for 2 hours and drain the excess water .Grind it to a smooth paste by adding very little amount of water(somewhere from 1/4 - 1/2 cup water).The consistency should be like medhu vada batter
- Fill the Batter into a piping bag or any other plastic bag and make a small hole at the tip ,first make small hole and if needed make it bigger .You can also use Ketchup bottle
- To make sugar syrup melt 2 cups of sugar in 1 cup of water and bring it to 1/2 - 1 string consistency (should not exceed 1 string consistency)if it exceeds 1 string consistency then the syrup will not penetrate more efficiently.And to prevent sugar crystallization add juice of half lemon or you can also use Cream of Tartar
- Fry jangiri in oil (oil should be at medium temperature only then the jangiris will be soft) until crispy and flip it to other side and fry till crisp
- Dip it in sugar syrup for 1- 2 minutes.
Enjoy Delicious Jangri :) Happy Cooking!!!