This recipe makes around 15 dosa and the best companion for this adai is Avial and coconut chutney. This recipe is packed minerals and nutrients which is required for our day-to-day activities.
Please click here to to watch Adai Dosa Recipe in Tamil - Madras Samayal
Serving Size : 3 pieces
Serves : 5 people
Preparation Time : 2 hours
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Adai Recipe|
|For the Batter|
|1/2 cup||Thoor Dal / Thuvaram Paruppu|
|1/2 cup||Chickpea / Channa Dal / Kadalai Paruppu|
|1/2 cup||Skinless black gram / ulunthu / Urad Dal|
|1/2 cup||Raw rice / Arisi ( or any rice)|
|6-8||dry red chilies|
|1/2 cup||Salt to taste|
|2||dry red chilies|
|1/4 tsp||Asafoetida / Hing / Kaayam|
|1/4 tsp||Turmeric powder|
|Few Curry leaves|
1) Rinse Raw Rice, Thoor Dal, channa dal, skinless black gram in water for a couple of times and then add enough water to cover the dal and also add dry red chilies and soak it for minimum 1 - 2 hour
Heat oil in a pan and add dry red chilies ( crush them into very small pieces) add Asafoetida, Turmeric powder and Curry leaves (Cut them into small pieces). Do this on a low flame to prevent from burning.
That's it our healthy and tasty adai dosai is ready to be served with a side of chutney and avial. This dosa recipe is very similar regular dosa only difference is it is stuffed with lot of nutrients and goodness.to Please do try this recipe with your family and share your feedback with us. Happy Cooking .
Adai dosa is a traditional recipe of south India which is both healthy and tasty. The batter is made with lentils and rice and then spread thinly and cooked until crispy. Adai dosa recipe is and excellent recipe for breakfast and for dinner.
- 1/2 cup Thoor Dal
- 1/2 cup Chickpea
- 1/2 cup Skinless black gram
- 1/2 cup Raw rice
- 6-8 dry red chilies
- 15 shallots
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Few Curry leaves
- wash and soak rice and lentils in water for 2 hours
- grind it to a fine-coarse paste
- prepare the tempering
- add tempering, shallots and salt to the batter and bring it to a semi thick batter consistency.
- pour a laddle full of batter on a hot pan and spread
- drizzle some ghee on top and cook until both the sides turns cripsy