Serving Size : 6 people
Preparation Time : 2 days
Cooking Time : 1 hour 15 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Christmas Plum Cake Recipe|
|1.5 cup||Black Raisins|
|1 cup||Fruit mix or Tutti frutti|
|1 cup||Mixed Nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts)|
|2 Cup||Grape Juice or Rum|
For Sugar Caramel
|1/2 cup||Boiling Water|
|For Cake Batter|
|2 cup||All purpose flour / Maida|
|1 cup||Melted Butter|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1 tbsp||Vanilla extract|
Step 6) Assembling:
After combining all the ingredients transfer it to a baking pan. I have used one 10 inch pan and greased the sides with butter and lined with a parchment paper. If you don't have 10 inch pan the use 2 medium sized pan and bake it for 40-50 minutes
Step 7) Baking Time and Temperature:
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit or 180 Celsius
- Bake for 70-80 minutes ( for 10 inch pan)
- 40-50 minutes if you use 2 medium sized pan.
Check the cake by inserting a tooth pick. if it comes out clean then our cake is perfectly baked.
I baked the caked for exactly 75 minutes @ 350 F ie) 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- The longer you soak the dry fruits and nuts tastier the cake becomes.
- you can any fruits of your choice like prunes, dates, apricots etc..
- Black Raisins add more taste to the recipe so i prefer to add more black raisins than all other ingredients .You can also mix 1/2 cup of golden raisins to it.
- If you want to make the cake instantly then boil the dry fruits and the nuts along with the juice for 3-4 minutes and let it cool completely and then add it to the cake batter.
- Do not add cold water to the caramelized sugar syrup , if we add cold water then the sugar will crystallize and will take lot of time to get into the proper consistency, so use hot water to prevent sugar crystallization.
- If we grind only the spices we will not end up with fine powder (because of the less quantity) so add some sugar to it and grind the spices into a very fine powder.
Plum Cake is an awesome fruit cake distributed during Christmas. Homemade fruit cake tastes the best and i have made this plum cake without rum
- For Soaking
- 1.5 cup Black Raisins
- 1 cup Cherry
- 1 cup Fruit mix or Tutti frutti
- 1 cup Mixed Nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts)
- 2 Cup Grape Juice or Rum
- For Sugar Caramel
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- For Cake Batter
- 2 cup All purpose flour / Maida
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Melted Butter
- 5 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- Soak dry fruits and nuts in grape juice for minimum 1 day
- make sugar caramel
- powder the spices
- mix the wet ingredients
- add the dry ingredients and the soaked fruits
- Bake it at 350 F or 180 C for 70-80 minutes
- Plum cake is ready to be served