Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Mor Kuzhambu Recipe|
|1 Cup||Thick Curd / Yogurt / Thayir|
|1/2 tsp||Turmeric Powder|
|1.5 cup||Water , salt to taste|
|1/2 cup||grated Coconut|
|1||small piece of ginger|
|1 tbsp||Channa dal / Kadalai paruppu|
|1/2 tsp||Cumin Seeds|
|1/8 tsp||Mustard Seeds|
|1/2 tsp||skinless black gram / Ulunthu|
|3||dry red chilies|
|1/8 tsp||Asafoetida / Kaayam|
Step 2) Coconut Base:
Step 3) Coconut Base:
Add the coconut base to the cooked vegetable and let it come to a boil. Once you see the kulambu boiling turn off the heat and keep it aside to cool a bit.
Step 4) Tempering:
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, dry red chilies and hing. once the dal changes it color to golden turn off the heat.
Step 5) More Kulambu:
Once cooled add the yogurt / thayir add the tempering to the curry and mix well.
Before adding the yogurt beat it well to ensure no lumps, it should be smooth.
- We can use pumpkin or lady's finger instead of cucumber
- In case of lady's finger fry or saute them in oil first and then add it to the kulambu to make vendakkai more kulambu.
- Adding Chana dal helps to thicken the curry a little bit
- if you have no time to soak chana dal then you can use roasted channa dal (pottu kadalai) directly
- Do not add yogurt and then boil the kulambu for a long time the yogurt may curdle.
- More Kulambu recipe tastes best when it is served cold.
Mor Kulamu is a traditional recipe of south India enjoyed during summer season. It is made with Yogurt ,coconut base and some vegetables.We can add vendakkai to this recipe and vendakkai more kulambu . This recipe is refreshing and makes us feel more fresh and hyderated during summer days.
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 cup Water For Grinding
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
- 3 Green Chilies
- 2 Shallots
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds For Tempering
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/8 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp skinless black gram
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- few Curry leaves
- Cook Cucumber thoroughly and add turmeric and salt
- make coconut base with the above mentioned ingredients under grinding
- Add the coconut base and let it boil. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool
- Prepare the tempering
- Once cooled add the curd and the tempering. Mix well and turn off the heat
- Our More Kuzhambu Recipe ready to be enjoyed with rice.