Serving Size : 8 people
Preparation Time : 10 min
Baking Time : 30 - 35 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Black Forest Cake Recipe|
|2 cup||All purpose flour / Maida|
|3/4 cup||Unsweetened Cocoa powder|
|2 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1 tsp||Baking Soda|
|2 stick||Butter (little less than 1 cup)|
|1 tbsp||Vanilla extract|
|3 cup||Heavy Whipping Cream|
|1/2 cup||Powdered Sugar|
|For Cherry Syrup|
|3 cup||Cherry with Syrup ( 750 g)|
Step 1) Sift all the dry ingredients together - all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2) add the wet ingredients milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar to the dry ingredients and combine well.
Step 4) Cherry syrup:
In a sauce pan heat 2 cups of cherry with syrup and 1/4 cup sugar and cook until the syrup thickens. I used bottled sour cherries .
Step 5) If the tooth pick inserted at the center comes out clean then the cakes are perfectly done. My cakes were ready exactly after 30 minutes.
Transfer the cakes to wire rack and let it cool completely.
Step 6) Once the cakes are cooled completely slice each cake into 2 equal halves. Then apply some cherry syrup on the top of each layer to keep the cake moist and soft. This is very important step to keep the cakes soft and at the same time do not add too much syrup or the cakes will become soggy.
Baking Time and Temperature:
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit or 175 Celsius
- Bake for 30-35 minutes ( for 9 inch pan)
- Make sure that the cherry syrup and the cakes are cooled completely before adding or making the cream.Cream melts when added hot.
- Instead of brushing with cherry syrup we can also use normal sugar water ( just boil the sugar in water for couple of minutes and spread)
Black Cake is the king of all Cakes because it is made with chocolate cake covered in a soft cream topped with cherries and chocolate shavings . The beauty of this recipe is if soft, moist and literally melts in your mouth and cannot resist over self from craving for it.
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 stick Butter
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cup Sugar For Cream
- 3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar For Cherry Syrup
- 3 cup Cherry with Syrup
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Sift all the dry ingredients together
- Combine the wet ingredients with dry ingredients
- Bake at 350 F for 30 - 35 minutes
- Make cherry syrup
- Make cream
- Assemble the cake and decorate with chocolate shavings and cherries
- Black forest cake is ready to be enjoyed