This curry is highly aromatic and very flavorful due to the added spices in which the meat is cooked to perfection in a low flame for more than 1 hour, so the meat stays tender and falls apart from the bone. Without further delays lets start the preparation.
Serving Size : 4
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 1 hour 30 min
|Quantity||Ingredients for Mutton Rogan Josh Recipe|
|1/2 kg||Mutton (with bones)|
|4 tbsp||Ghee / Clarified Butter|
|1 Cinnamon Stick , 2 black cardamom, 4 green Cardamom , 1 mace|
|1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp pepper corns|
|1/2 tsp||Turmeric powder|
|1/2 tsp||Hing / Asafoetida|
|2 tbsp||Kashmiri Chili powder or 1 tbsp regular chili powder|
|1 tsp||Dry Ginger powder|
|2 tsp||Fennel seed powder|
|1/2 cup||Thick Yogurt / Curd|
|Salt to taste|
|1 tsp||Cumin Seeds|
Step 1) Melt ghee or oil in a pan and add the whole spices - Cinnamon stick, black cardamom, Green Cardamom, mace, cumin seeds and pepper corns. Give it a stir and then add the mutton pieces. You should hear the Hushhhhhhhhhhhh..... sound when you place the mutton pieces to get nice color on the outside.
That's it our flavorful and aromatic Mutton Rogan Josh / Mutton Curry is ready to be served with naan, chapathi and roti. Please do try this recipe at home and share your feedback. Happy Cooking and Spread the Joy of Cooking !!!.
Mutton Rogan Josh is a tasty and delicious recipe from the Kashmiri cuisine. The added whole spices add nice flavor and taste to the recipe. It does not require any onions or tomatoes, which is quite easy and very simple to make.
For Mutton Rogan Josh
- 1/2 kg Mutton
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Cinnamon Stick , 2 black cardamom. 4 green Cardamom , 1 mace
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Chili powder
- 1 tsp Dry Ginger powder
- 2 tsp Fennel seed powder
- 1/2 cup Thick Yogurt / Curd
- Required Water
- Salt to taste For Grinding:
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Green Cardamom
- few Saffron strands
- Melt ghee and add the whole spices
- Add the mutton and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the masalas ,required salt ,Water and cook until the mutton is fully done
- Once the mutton is cooked completely turn off the heat
- Our Mutton Rogan Josh is ready to be served hot with Naan or chapathi.