Serving Size : 4 people
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Rava Kesari Recipe|
|1 cup||Sooji / Rava / Semolina|
|4 -5 tbsp||Ghee|
|1 pinch||Orange food color (optional)|
|2 cups||Water (or 1 cup water + 1 cup milk)|
the sooji and roast it nicely until you get a nice aroma and golden color.It will take around 8-10 minutes.when it obtains golden color remove the pan from heat and immediately transfer it to a plate to prevent browning.
Add food color if you prefer , dissolve some color powder in water and then add to get even distribution.
Happy Cooking Friends:)
Rava Kesari is a classic recipe of Tamil Nadu made with rava / Sooji and sugar. This is the only recipe which goes excellent with breakfast, lunch ,can be had as an evening snack and also goes with dinner.
- 1 cup Rava
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 -5 tbsp Ghee
- 15 Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1 pinch Orange food color
- 2 cups Water
- Melt ghee and roast the nuts
- Roast rava until fragrant
- Heat water and add the rava
- Add sugar and cook.
- Finally add food color, ghee, roasted nuts and cardamom powder
- Our delicious Rava kesari recipe is ready to be served..