Serving Size : 6 people
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 35 - 40 minutes (Cooker)
: 28- 30 minutes (Oven)
|Quantity||Ingredients for Sponge Cake Recipe|
|1 cup||All purpose flour / Maida ( 130g)|
|1/4 cup||Butter (55g)|
|3/4 cup||Sugar (150g)|
|1/4 cup||Milk ( 60 ml)|
|1 tbsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
Start by preheating the oven @ 350 F or 175 C.
Separate the egg whites and yolks in a separate bowl. We don't need any yolks in our whites, if there is any yolk left behind then it will prevent the egg whites from whipping up nicely. So make sure the whiles are clean without yolks.
Beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed. It will take approximately 5 -6 minutes. Beating the egg whites gives nice texture and aeration to the cake.
Similarly beat the yolks until pale yellow , takes 3 - 4 minutes. Once done add the wet ingredients - Butter and sugar mix well and then add milk and vanilla extract. Mix it nicely.
Now add the egg white mixture , 1/3 at a time and gently fold it into the flour mixture . Do not give lot of pressure, because the air trapped in the whiles helps the cake to stay fluffy and spongy. Do it very slowly and carefully. Similarly do it with the rest of the whites and fold to incorporate everything into the batter.
Transfer the cake batter into a baking pan, I have use 6 inch baking pan- greased with butter and lined with parchment paper. Bake it for 35 - 40 minutes on a medium heat without placing the cooker weight.
Similarly I made one more batch to bake it in the oven at 350 F for 28 - 30 min
- Beating whites separately helps in getting soft and spongy cakes
- Do not take it out of the mold immediately after baking, leave it for 10 -15 minutes to rest and then transfer the cake to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Baking time may vary depending on the size of baking pan so make
- we can reuse the salt for future baking purpose.
When it comes to baking may of us might not have oven at home, so I am sharing a simple and easy spong cake recipe which can be made in pressure cooker without any fuss. This cake comes out perfectly baked and it stays soft spongy and fluffy.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the cooker and the oven
- separate egg whites and yolks,beat whites and keep aside
- Beat yolks and add the wet ingredients
- fold flour into the egg mixture and add the beaten egg whites as well
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes in the pressure cooker