Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Malai Kofta Recipe|
|1 cup||Grated Paneer / Cottage cheese ( 150 g)|
|1 cup||Potato(boiled and mashed) - 2 medium size|
|1/2 tsp||Chili powder|
|1/2 tsp||Garam masala powder|
|3 tbsp||chopped nuts (cashews, almonds etc..)|
|3 tbsp||Coriander leaves|
|1 tbsp||all purpose flour / Maida + extra for coating|
|Salt and pepper|
|Oil for frying|
|For Kofta Curry Base|
|1/2 tsp||Turmeric powder|
|1 tsp||Cumin powder|
|1 tsp||Coriander powder|
|1 tbsp||kashmiri chili powder or 1.5 tsp regular chili powder|
|For Kofta Curry Recipe|
|2 bay leaves, 1 cinnamon stick, 3 cardamom|
|1/2 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1/2 tsp||Sugar or Honey|
|1 tsp||Kasoori Methi / dried fenugreek leaves|
|Salt to taste, required water|
Step 1) In a mixing bowl combine grated paneer, boiled and mashed potatoes, Chili powder, garam masala, coriander leaves, chopped nuts, Maida, pepper and salt. The mixture should be dry and there should not be any moisture , if there is too much of moisture then the koftas may beak while frying in oil, so if that happens add some more flour (maida ) and mix well this will hold everything together.
Step 3) Fry the koftas in oil - medium temperature. Once all the sides develop nice uniform golden color take it off from the oil and keep it aside.
Step 7) Add water and bring it to boil,then add some sugar to balance the taste, fresh cream and kasoori methi (crush it beween your palms and add it to the curry) . Mix everything once and turn off the heat.
Step 8) Plating: Malai Kofta Curry
Arrange the koftas in a plate and add the gravy on to the top of the koftas, drizzle some cream and sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on the top before serving.
Malai Kofta is a super creamy and rich recipe which is served as s side dish for naan, chapathi, roti and also goes well with rice. The kotas are made with grated paneer , well seasoned and fried to perfectness.
For Kofta balls:
- 1 cup Paneer and 1 cup potato
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder and 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp chopped nuts and 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour / Maida
- Salt and pepper
- required salt For Malai Kofta Base:
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 inch Ginger 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder , 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp kashmiri chili powder
- 5 - 6 Cashews For Kofta Curry Recipe:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Bay leaves, cinnamon stic, cradamom
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Green chilies
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1/2 tsp Sugar or Honey
- Salt to Taste
- combine all the ingredients under "for kofta" and form medium sized balls and fry
- Make the base and grind it to a smooth paste
- Melt butter and and the whole spices, masala paste and cook for few minutes.
- Finally add Cream and crushed kasoori methi leaves for garnishing
- Our Malai Kofta is ready to be served with roti, naan and rice.