Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Onion Pakoda Recipe|
|1 tsp||Fennel seeds|
|1.5 tsp||Chili powder|
|pinch||Asafoetida / Hing / Kaayam|
|1 spring||Curry leaves|
|3 tbsp||Coriander leaves|
|1/2 cup||Besan / Chickpea flour / Kadalai maavu|
|1/4 cup||Rice flour / Arisi maavu|
|Salt to taste|
Step 3) Once you are ready to fry sprinkle a very little amount of water, just enough to bind them together.Do not add too much of water, if we add more water then it will not be crispy and taste like bajji.
That's it our crispy Onion Pakkoda is ready to be served with a cup of hot tea/ coffee.I love to have this Onion Pakoda as a side for Lemon Rice, my friend Preethi suggested this combination , from then on I am following the same, what a lovely combination !!!!.
- Do not add water early, the onion releases its own moisture so add water only when your are ready to fry.
- Do not add too much of water, add water just enough to coat the onions.
- fry the pakodas on medium-hot oil otherwise it may soak more oil.
- you can add some besan+rice flour to adjust the consistency.
Onion Pakoda / Onion Pakora is a crispy crunchy snack recipe enjoyed during tea time.This snack is simple and very easy to make ans can be made under 15 minutes.Thinly sliced onions are coated in a flour mixture and then deep fried in oil to make it stay cripsy for a long time.Onion pakoda makes our tea time complete.
- 2 Onion
- 4 green Chilies
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1.5 tsp Chili powder
- pinch Asafoetida
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Besan
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Slice onions and add the masala powders, coriander leaves and curry leaves
- Ddd besan and rice flour
- Sprinkle water and deep fry the onion Pakora in hot oil
- Our Onion Pakoda is ready to be enjoyed with a cup of hot coffee.