Serving Size : 4 serving
Preparation Time : 2 hours
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Paneer Recipe|
|2 liter||Full fat milk|
|4-6 tbsp||Lemon juice or 4 tbsp vinegar|
Step 1) heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil, use full fat milk to get more paneer.
Once the milk comes to a boil add lemon juice or vinegar to cuddle the milk , I always prefer to use lemon juice because vinegar sometimes leaves some strong flavor behind.
Slowly add the lemon juice and cuddle the milk.
Step 2) Once the milk is fully cuddled and the whey separates strain it through a sieve (place a cotton cloth or cheese cloth on the top of the sieve to collect all the paneer )
Rinse it with water to get rid of lemon taste (this step is optional)
- You can flavor the paneer using dried mint leaves, pepper corns , cumin seeds etc...
- Whey is very nutritious , do dot throw it away we can use it while making soups and curries.
- Use clean cloth for filtering (clean cotton cloths / Kuttralam towel)
- If you have planned to use within 3-4 days you can store it in refrigerator or Store it in freezer for future use.
Paneer is nothing but Cottage cheese which is made by cuddling milk by adding lemon juice or vinegar. This homemade paneer is much healthy compared to store bought ones because it is free of preservatives and we can make it how soft we want..
- For Paneer
- 2 Liter full fat milk
- 4-6 tbsp lemon juice
- Boil milk and add lemon juice to cuddle milk.
- Strain it through a cloth and place a weight on the top to squeeze excess moisture.
- After 2 hours cut it into small cubes
- Our paneer is ready to be added into Curries and gravies.