Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Vermicelli Payasam|
|4 cup||Full fat milk (2 Liter approximately)|
|1 cup||Vermicelli / Semiya|
|1/2 cup||Condensed Milk (milkmaid)|
|1/4 cup||Sago / Javvarisi|
Step 1) Roasting Nuts:
Melt ghee in a pan and roast cashews first, once the cashews turns golden add almonds and raisins to it and saute until the raisins balloons up, be careful while roasting the nuts , do not burn them.
That' it our Semiya payasam is ready to be enjoyed hot or cold. In my hometown Nagercoil this payasam is mandatory in all weddings and functions they add sweet boondi on the top of it to add extra taste and sweetness. That is a real awesome combination, if you get a chance to have this combo please give it a try and i can guarantee you that you are gonna love it as i do.
- Once the payasam is cooled or refrigerated it becomes thick so add hot milk to it before serving to get that proper consistency.
- If you are not using Condensed milk then increase the amout of sugar
Semiya payasam is a tradition south Indian recipe which is often served during festivals and functions. It is laso known as Vermicelli Kheer in norther parts of India.This payasam is made with vermicelli, sago, milk and sugar.It is not too sweet and at the same time it satisfies your sweet tooth.
- 4 cup Full fat milk
- 1 cup Vermicelli / Semiya
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sago / Javvarisi
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cashews
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- 4 Cardamom
- Roast nuts and vermicelli in ghee
- cook sago in milk until half done
- Add roasted vermicelli and cook until fully done .
- Add sugar, condensed milk, rest of the milk and bring it to boil.
- Garnish it with roasted nuts and cardamom.
- Our Vermicelli payasam is ready to be served