Serving Size : 6 people (makes 12)
Preparation Time : 30 mins
Cooking Time : 30 mins
|Quantity||Ingredients for Onion Samosa|
|For the Samosa Dough|
|1/2 cup||All purpose flour / Maida|
|1/2 Cup||Wheat flour|
|Salt to taste|
|Water as required|
|3 tbsp||grated Carrot|
|3 tbsp||grated Beetroot|
|3 tbsp||grated Potato|
|1/2 tsp||Cumin powder|
|1/2 tsp||Chilli powder|
|1/2 tsp||Garam Masala|
|3 tbsp||Coriander leaves chopped|
|1 tbsp||Curry leaves chopped|
|Salt to taste|
|2 tbsp||All purpose flour / Maida|
|Oil for frying|
After 30 minutes of resting divide the dough into 4 equal parts , cover the rest of the balls with a moist cloth to prevent drying.
Take a ball and press it on the top , apply some flour on the top and bottom to prevent sticking.Start rolling, roll it very thin as much thin as you can.
After rolling into a sheet cut the edges and make it into a square, do not waste the excess trimmed sheet mix it with the rest of the balls and roll it again.After trimming the edges divide the sheet into 3 equal portions to form a rectangle.
Take a sheet and apply some maida paste to one end of the sheet and fold it inside. Press the tip to gum the corner. Again fold it inside to make the second fold.Take a spoon full of stuffing and place it inside the cone. apply some more maida paste all round the openings and press it firm to prevent any openings.
Step 9 ) Frying Onion Samosa:
Heat oil in a pan and drop the samosa one b one and fry until it turns golden brown then flip it to the other side and fry until both the sides become golden and crispy.
That's it our onion samosa lets say healthy onion samosa with all goodness of veggies are ready to be served with a cup of hot tea and with a side of chutneys and ketchup. Please give it a try and enjoy with your friends and family. Spread the Joy of Cooking !!!
- Grated Potatoes has lot of moisture in it so squeeze the moisture from the potato before adding
- You can also add 1/2 cup of pressed rice / poha / Aval to the onions to absorb the moisture released while frying.
- while covering it with damp cloth squeeze all the moisture from the cloth orterwise it may stick will the sheet
- You can store the sheets in a refrigerator after cooking the sheet for a couple of seconds for future use.
Onion samosa also known as Vengaya Samosa in Tamil is an awesome evening snack which is loved by most of the people.It is quite easy to make and it has a crispy outer layer filled with onions and vegetables at the inside.
- For the Samosa Dough
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour / Maida
- 1/2 Cup Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- For Stuffing Samosa
- 1 Onion
- grated Carrot, Beetroot,Potato
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Coriander leaves
- Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- For For sticking Samosa Sheet
- 2 tbsp Maida
- Oil for frying
- Make samosa dough by kneading flour, oil, salt, water and form a soft dough
- Cook the vegetables with the masala for 2 minutes
- remove excess moisture from the onions and add the cooked vegetables, and masalas to it
- divide the dough into 4 portions and spread the dough very thin
- Trim the edges and then Cut the sheet into 3 half to form a rectangle
- Fill the veggies inside the cone and seal the edges
- Fry the Samosas on a medium - low heat until all the sides are golden and crisp
- Serve the delicious Onion Samosa with coriander chutney and Ketchup