There are lot of variations we can make with this chicken curry, This is a simple method of making chicken curry without coconut. The freshly ground masala adds unique taste and flavor to the recipe.
We can make this masala in large quantity and use whenever required.
Serving Size : 4 people
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Chicken Curry Recipe|
|500 g||Chicken with bones|
|1 tbsp||Coriander seeds|
|1 tsp||Fennel seeds|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 tbsp||Pepper corns|
|1 Cinnamon stick , 3 cardamom, 4 cloves|
|For Chicken Curry|
|1 tbsp||Ginger Garlic paste|
|1/2 tsp||Turmeric powder|
|2-3 tsp||Chili powder or to taste|
|Salt to taste|
Step 1) Dry roast the whole spices - Coriander seeds, Fennel, cumin, pepper, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom on a medium heat until you feel the nice aroma. Be careful while roasting , do not burn the spices.
Once roasted transfer the spices to a blender and grind it to a fine powder.
Once the chicken is fully done garnish with coriander leaves and turn off the heat.That's it our quick and easy chicken curry is ready to be enjoyed. I had this delicious chicken curry with some soft Chapathi.
Do try this recipe at home and share it with your Friends and Family. Happy Cooking !!!
Chciken Curry can be made 2 ways Chicken Curry with Coconut or chicken curry without coconut. This chicken curry goes excellent with most of the recipes like -chapathi, rice, roti, aapam , Parotta etc...Freshly ground chicken masala adds unique taste and very good aroma to the recipe.
For Roasting / Chicken masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 1 Cradamom, 4 cloves, 3 cardan For Chicken Curry
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 Onions
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tomatoes
- Required Water
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Dry roast all the whole spices and grind
- Heat oil and saute the onions, add the masalas and tomatoes, cover and cook for sometime
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well with the masalas, add required water, salt and cook for 20-25 minutes
- Garnish it with coriander leaves
- Our delicious chicken curry without coconut milk is ready to be served.