Serving Size : 3- 4
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Paal Kozhukattai Recipe|
|For Kozhukatti Balls|
|1 cup||Rice flour (Idiyappam maavu / Kozhukattai maavu)|
|1/4 cup||grated Coconut|
|pinch of Salt|
|2 cup||light coconut milk|
|1 cup||Thick coconut milk|
|3/4 cup||Sugar or to taste|
|1/2 tsp||Cardamom powder|
Step 1) In a mixing bowl add Idiyappam flour ,freshly grated coconut, sugar and salt. Mix it nicely with the flour. (take out a tbsp of this flour mixture out before adding the water, we will add this flour later to the coconut milk to thicken its consistency )
Add boiling water and mix it with a spoon to form a soft dough.
Step 4) After 15 minutes add sugar and mix well. Once the sugar dissolves completely add the thick coconut milk and cook for another 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
Finally add cardamom powder and turn off the heat.
That's it our sweet and delicious paal Kolukattai is ready to be served. I normally make this for breakfast when I have fresh coconut at home. We can also serve this as an evening snack. Children will definitely enjoy this Paal kollukattai recipe with smile in their face. Do try this recipe and share it with your friends and family.
Paal Kozhukattai is one of my childhood favorite recipe which is super delicious and have a nice rich creamy taste. This Paal kolukatai recipe is very famous among kids because of its loaded with sweetness and its fun while eating.Here is a simple recipe for making paal Kozhuttai .
For Kozhukatti Balls
- 1 cup Idiyappam flour
- 1/4 cup grated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- pinch of Salt
- hot Water For Kozhukatti
- 2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup Thick coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- In a mixing bowl combine Idiyappam flour, coconut, sugar and salt (save a tbsp of four mixture for later use)
- Add boiling water and form a soft dough.
- Once it cools down slightly roll it into small balls.
- Heat light coconut milk , milk and the flour mixture from step 1 and bring it to a boil.
- Add the rolled Kozhuttai balls and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar, thick coconut milk and cook for another 2 -3 minutes on low heat.
- Finally add cardamom powder and turn off the heat.
- Our Paal Kozhuttai recipe is ready to be served.