Serving Size : 4
Preparation Time : 5 min
Cooking Time : 30 min
|Quantity||Ingredients for Ven Pongal Recipe|
|1 cup||Raw Rice / பச்சரிசி|
|1/2 cup||Moong Dal / பாசிப்பருப்பு|
|1/4 tsp||Hing / Asafoetida / பெருங்காயம்|
|Salt to taste|
|1 tsp||Pepper corns|
|2 tsp||Cumin Seeds|
|1 spring||Curry leaves|
Step 1) Dry roast rice and dal over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Dal should not change its color. Once you feel the nice aroma of the dal turn off the heat and rinse it in water for a couple of times.
For (1.5 cups rice + dal ) we will need 5 cups of water. Also add required salt, Cover and let it cook for 4 whistles on a medium heat.
We need to cook the rice until turns soft and mushy, that is the reason we are adding more water.
Happy Cooking - நம் பாரம்பரிய தமிழ் சுவையை உலகம் முழுவதும் பரப்புவோம்
Ven Pongal is a traditional recipe of Tamil Nadu enjoyed during Tamil festivals like Pongal and Tamil New year. This recipe is quick and easy to make . This ven pongal is made with Raw rice and Paasiparuppu / Moong Dal. This is a fulfilling recipes with loads of taste.
For Ven Pongal Recipe
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 piece Ginger
- 5 cups of Water
- Salt to taste For Tempering
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 10-12 cashews
- Curry leaves
- Roast Rice and dal for 2 minutes and rinse it in water
- Melt ghee and add Asafoetida, Ginger and green chilies.
- Add the rice dal , water and also add required water. Cover and cook for 4 whistles.
- Temper and add it over the pongal and mix well.
- Our Ven pongal is ready to be served Chutney, Sambar and Vada