Vegetable Pulao is another simple and easy to make Recipe packed with all the nutrients of vegetables. The flavoring added to the recipe makes the dish more appetizing and the colors of the vegetables makes the dish more appealing. It is an excellent idea to incorporate vegetables to our meal. Since it is well flavored the vegetables taste great in this recipe. Whenever you are bored of regular rice then this vegetable pulao makes your day more complete. You can add ant vegetables of your choice, adding capsicum at the end makes the dish more attractive.
This pulao can be make both on open pot and in a pressure cooker, Open Pot method guarantees single strand of rice and prevents the Veg Pulav from being burnt at the bottom.
Serving Size : 3 people
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
|Quantity||Ingredients for Veg Pulao Recipe|
|3 tbsp||Ghee / Clarified Butter|
|1 Cinnamon stick, 2 Bay leaves|
|1 Star anise, 3 Cardamom, 4 Cloves|
|1/2 tsp||Pepper Corns|
|1 tsp||Ginger Garlic Paste|
|1.5 tsp||Chilli Powder powder|
|2 cup||Vegetables (Peas , carrot, Beans , Cauliflower)|
|1 cup||Basmati Rice|
|Salt to Taste|
Step 1) Flavoring :
Melt ghee in a pan and add the whole spices - cinnamon stick, bay leaves, star anise, cardamom, cloves and pepper corns. Give it a stir and add the cashew nuts and roast it for few seconds until golden.
Step 2) Saute Onions:
Add 1 sliced onion, little bit of salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until it turns golden, once golden add green chilies and ginger garlic paste and mix well.
Next add the vegetables ,I have used peas, carrot, beans and cauliflower, you can add any vegetables of your choice. Mix it well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
Drain the water and add the soaked basmatic rice (soaked in water for 30 minutes) , some mint leaves for extra flavor and mix well.Then add water
The ratio of Rice to water is 1 : 2 so for 1 cup of rice we need 2 cups of water. You can reduce the amount of water and add coconut milk as well. (1.5 cup water + .5 cup coconut milk)
Add salt and check for salt, the water should taste little salty indicating the amount of salt s correct.
Cover and cook on a medium heat until all the water has been absorbed by the rice or until the rice is fully cooked.
If you are using a pressure cooker then cook for 2 whistles on a medium heat.
Once done flip the rice gently and serve.
- If you like the taste of coconut then you can reduce half cup of water and use half cup of coconut milk.
- If you are making the veg pulao in pressure cooker then reduce the amount of water a little bit (use 1.5 cup of water for every 1 cup of rice) and cook for 2 whistles on a medium heat
- Do not mix vigorously , gently flip the rice and mix. Use a very thin spoon for mixing.
Vegetable Pulao is very easy to make and it is and goo idea to add veggies to our daily diet. The rice and the vegetables are well seasoned with whole spices and the flavor of the veg pulao makes the dish more appetizing.
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Cinnamon stick, 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Star anise, 3 Cardamom, 4 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Corns For Pulao :
- 10-12 Cashew Nuts
- 1 large Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 Green Chilies
- 2 cup Vegetables
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 cup Water
- Mint Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Curry Leaves
- Melt ghee and add the whole spices
- add Cashews and onions and saute for few minutes
- Add Ginger garlic paste and green chilies.
- Add rice , water and cook until the rice is well done
- Our Veg Pulao is ready to be served